Sunday 24 October 2010

How long is too long for an order to turn up?

Finally received an order that i placed online 59 days ago or just over 8 weeks in old money, everything was in order and lovely as usual but I had sent 3 emails in this time and had an answer to only one but it does state on the website that things are taking longer than usual and an the email said things were very busy(good for him and keeps him in business so I and others can buy his product).I also got 2 free items that I can actually use but does that mean they are admitting that it was too long or just something extra for the customer(I have never received extra off them before).

I am probably overreacting but when somebody takes your money for something they should update you on any longer than normal delays and respond to your enquiries, I just think that way and this episode has probably stopped me(maybe) from ordering again from this company, what do you consider too long and have you had similar experiences.

One company I ordered off several years ago never responded to emails and kept my money for over 6 months until I met them at a show and got my money back after a very brief discussion.
                                         

17 comments:

  1. I think that you are well over reacting, 59 days is nothing, I'd be prepared to wait at least 2.5 years for an order, if I really wanted it that is!!!! Lastly Punctuation please, if your gonna use a blog please have the courtesy to use it! I ran out of breath several times reading this post, I may have to go sick tommorrow......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the old 'allow 28 days for posting' rule as an outside estimate, though I do get twitchy if it's over two weeks nowadays. I would expect to get an e-mail if an order is going to be severely delayed, having to contact them is poor service imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I stay away from online ordering I hate to wait : ) lol great post keep up the good work. I am following you via NB and Buzz I cant wait to show my son your site he love solders and will love your site.

    Thanks
    Jessica Brant
    http://www.findingonesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should name names, so we can chose to avoid or not.
    59 days is far too long, and ignoring emails is scandalous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be more than slightly miffed if they had taken the money for the goods prior to them being dispatched. Not at all acceptable and leaves the company sending the item open to all sorts of claims (the point they take your money the contract for sale becomes binding - giving rise to breach of contract issues re failed/delayed delivery).

    It would certainly put me off using the company again, especially if they couldn't even respond to email chasers...

    http://theintoleranttraveller.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am actually thankful to the owner of this web site who has shared
    this fantastic piece of writing at at this time.


    My web-site :: slc-wireless.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just have to kept the patience and really to improve the patience is a big challenge for every human. hong kong b2b marketplace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen some excellent points here. Amazing stuff, I believe you brought up some excellent points. Continue your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent article. Your writings are unique, simple to grasp, and include beneficial and motivating content. Continue your wonderful effort!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too impressive..! keep writing this good stuff.
    telehealth consulting services in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Therapy for professionals masters in providing customized support for groups and individuals facing various psychological disorders. Home to certified and trained professionals, Online Therapy Professionals offers therapy treatments, including behavioral therapy, family counseling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aegir Diving School facility provides a line-up of diving courses and certification to make sure every student at their facility is safe and confident about their diving skills.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giuliana Brandon's exceptional makeup and photography services in Goshen , Newyork, showcased on present an ideal off-page avenue. Her talent as a makeup artist in Goshen, New York, coupled with her photography prowess, creates a captivating synergy. Engaging through comments not only showcases your appreciation for her skills but also establishes your presence within the beauty and photography circles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog!Thats very informative and useful information here.I really appreciate it.Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete