Saturday 1 September 2012

Angry Lurker Honest Movie Review 83: The Bourne Legacy 2012 (3 STARS)

"Not bad, worth a watch for the leads and the action"- Angry Lurker Honest Movie Review.......


Technically the 4th instalment of the Bourne series and there is a lot of references to the last movie and to characters from that movie (original footage is used) and some of them briefly appear as cameos helping the story along, there is now a newer program but assets are now drug dependent (probably so there's no more Jason Bourne problems) but a problem develops and the programme is terminated along with assets and support personnel but our hero (Renner) and support weenie (Weisz) survive and go on the run looking for answers especially to the drug dependency problem....

The movie starts off slowly but not a problem as we're learning a lot about the programme and the characters, the bad guys (government weenies) are well played by Edward Norton and Stacy Keach, the action set pieces are well done, the story or plot is a little plodding at times but I think they expect more movies to come and the ability to develop the stories.........

I liked the movie and left the cinema with a feeling of okay that wasn't bad and I would watch it again, so a popcorn movie with good work from Weisz and Renner but the story did need them! I hope there's more but I don't know....worth a watch though even with the ending catching me like a kick in the crackers.



28 comments:

  1. haven't watched it yet. but i'm curious since some of the scenes were actually taped in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie ends in the Philippines.....

      Delete
    2. I think I really need to dig some torrents for this.

      Delete
  2. Any idea how this series relates to the books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No relation at all to the Eric Van Lustbader novel of the same name!

      Delete
  3. Well I like Edward Norton so it would get at least three stars for him. I guess they do plan to turn this into another trilogy probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't argue with any of that mate, and it certainly felt like it ended too soon - all the performances were good though, to the point where I wanted to smack Edward Norton's character around because he was so obnoxious!

    It must have been really difficult to follow on from Matt Damon (never thought I'd write that), but Jeremy Renner was spot on. Loved all the throw backs to the previous movies too.

    Good scene setter, proper Bourne style action - good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it also, a good premise that would extend the life of the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will watch it eventually, you teased me enough^^>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its on the list as well mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like the actor, but I know the series will have its fans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not seen it yet myself, but thought it might be better than that. Will certainly have a look though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renner fans will really enjoy it. He's become quite the star.
    I liked it even more. Slow start, but very engaging. My wife really liked it even, and it's not her type of film.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll probably go and see this with the wife, to be fair without Matt Damon the original trilogy would also have been pretty weak. (just my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked it. Two hour chase sequence with minor intervals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll surely be giving it a look sooner or later, but without Damon I'm not going to run out and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very interesting serie of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renner...Daniel craigs long lost brother. The ist three were good..apart from the continuity cock up in pt 2 were Anderson gives him his real name étc right at the end. I´ll watch it and the probable other 6 by Lustbader.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started feeling eh about these after watching the first few minutes of the third. I dunno

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like Renner way better than Damon...still think I might wait for the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice review
    havent seen the movie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, General. I might see it now after hearing the official propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed it Fran (I was pretty well through a bottle of red when I turned it on though), It felt like a "laying the tracks" type of movie so I look forward to more.

    The chase through the streets of Manila was fun, mainly because I have been there a few times and never once have I seen the traffic move with such pace and order lol.

    Nice film!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm getting more intersted in this with the review and comments as I liked the originals and felt ths would be a poor sub for them. Will look forwardto DVD release

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will wait for the DVD and will def watch it

    ReplyDelete
  23. I went to see this yesterday, I quite enjoyed it, I do like the way they linked in Bourne and all the other characters.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have made some really good points there. I checked on the web for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site.farmer100

    ReplyDelete