Tuesday 29 December 2015

28mm Semi-Naked Female Samurai and Sheepdog from my Secret Santa Clause 2015.........

.........but no sheep!

*Not painted by me, a gift from Santa.........

I actually have the female samurai figure but she remains unpainted (Colonel Bill's Wargaming Depot) part of the Belt Fed Gaming range (Tome Gozen Samurai), I received her at the Broadside Wargaming Show 2014 as a prize for a Posties Rejects best in show game. The sheepdog....not a clue?

I think I know the painter but not a hundred percent sure though.........





Very usable figures........


Tomoe Gozen (巴 御前?) (1157?–1247), pronounced [tomo.e], was a late twelfth-century female samurai warrior (onna bugeisha), known for her bravery and strength.[1] She is believed to have fought in and survived the Genpei War (1180–1185).


Onna-bugeisha (女武芸者?) was a type of female warrior belonging to the Japanese nobility. Many women engaged in battle, commonly alongside samurai men. They were members of the bushi (samurai) class in feudal Japan and were trained in the use of weapons to protect their household, family, and honour in times of war. Significant icons such as Tomoe GozenNakano Takeko, and Hōjō Masako are famous examples of onna bugeisha.

56 comments:

  1. Excellent! As a guess I think the Sheepdog is by warbases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Fran...love her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - on all parts! Although if I was her, I'd prefer those were protected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I see a weakness in her armour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know there were lady Samurai??? There you go, live and learn. I think I can guess the painter as well. The basing gives you a very large clue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not understand why this woman show his tits. Have you an explanation for that ?
    Why buying an expensive armour if she don't work well ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha she sure let's it all hang out. No need to fight, just let foes see those and kill them while they drool

    ReplyDelete
  8. how very practical to go to battle barebreasted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool figures, Fran! I see you're getting a little PC by going "semi-nude" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff well deserved Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Tomoe..! Psssst...! You've forgotten something...!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius! Somebody clearly knows your interests well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hail the Prime General of Franonia!! I gazed into my magical polyethylene ball and saw the woman warrior devoured by rampaging cavalry Zeds. In this vision I also saw the dog treated as a wonderful hero by it's survivor sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool figures Fran. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boobies!!!! So many on your blog it is little wonder that Santa Claus thought you liked them!

    As for the dog are you sure it is not really a leprechaun?
    I can confirm that the Border collie is from Warbases. As I bought a pack of them for my sister at SELWG>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent additions Fran. The dog looks a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good God where is her breastplate man? I'd feel awful exposed fighting like that with my boobies bouncing about like a target.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice gift you received Fran!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  19. I consider it a bit of a shame I've not heard of Tomoe Gozen. I know a few warriors from Japanese history but no women. She sounds like a badass.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are two nice presents!

    I didn't fancy painting my own Samurai woman, so she could chopped up to make into a ruined statue. Might have to buy another one now, seeing the gift above.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is it me or does it look like the sheepdog is about to pounce on her?

    ReplyDelete
  22. As a woman, I think I'd rather have some armor covering those up! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely love that this marker for honor among females has her knockers out. I'm not being sarcastic or anything either, set 'em free!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You'd think a chick who fights with swords would want to protect her boobies... I certainly would!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very interesting lady, to say the least...! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete