Wednesday 12 January 2011

........useful blogging information I hope?

Was over at !KickenDaChickenz this morning http://kchickenz.blogspot.com/ and he was talking about how to show support to fellow bloggers and it has a way of doing this on his blog including instructions (very good stuff and I found out I'm following 375 blogs!!!).It got me thinking about something that may be of use to some of you because I have seen a few instances of it now and it limits some bloggers not getting followers or readers back.

I have picked up some followers recently and when I click on their image it didn't show a link to their blog it only showed sites they have joined but when I was wandering around the blogs I follow I would find an image of them commenting on another blog and maybe mentioning their blog or a link to their blog and I would then follow them.So I believe the problem is solved when you go to dashboard on you blog, click edit profile and on homepage url make sure your blog address is here as written on the top of your homepage......blogspot.com.I hope this helps as it was something I wasn't doing initially and I hope I'm not talking out of my arse.

Below is a piece of cartooning genius that just pips Calvin and Hobbes as my favourite comic strip ever, Bloom County and still makes me laugh to this day.


30 comments:

  1. Alternativly use a reader programme such as Google Reader. I use this to keep on top of the 60+ blogs I read daily. I drop in two or three times a day to catch the latest updates. Reading them in GR still generates Hits for the Blogs and you can easily jump to the blogs directly if you want to leave comments. Simples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's plenty of it about. Let's hope this goes some way to fixing it and we can all link up better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wish more would have their links connected because it would be fun to see where they are at. All these little heads, and no links connection, back to self. I'm thinking they don't know, because some will have it on their profile, but not their little heads in the Followers area.

    Anyway, good post. Great cartoon. Love Calvin and Hobbes too. Just the best. Enjoy your day, Lurker and a Big Happy Wonder Woman, Wednesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah kicks post was very informative ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I'd wondered about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the shout-out bro, i just wanna make everyones life easier here, might make more similar posts in the future

    ReplyDelete
  7. and yes this tip is crucial everyone, alot of tiem people arent properly setup and might not see the love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip. I have to go check mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if Photon Torpedoes were the right move there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kick is a silly man, thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, believe it or not, that's exactly the piece of info I've been looking for.
    I wasn't quite sure where to find the page to change that and uh... now I know :)

    If I wasn't already following you I'd follow you again :P

    http://kind-of-informational.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice information :)

    Everyone remember, link your google friend account with you blogger account because for some reason sometimes it follows you with a google friend accout where there is no url of your blog, but when you link everything it is good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious cartoon, and supporting each other is important, because we derive most of our traffic from social networking :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the info, following you know wanna check out my blog?

    http://16bitisnotcool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing that. My hopepage url has now been added to my profile. Like Kick said: spread the love! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've noticed it before some work some don't and assumed it was that person's preference, and too bad if they hid since I was only there because I was interested. Some are still like that.

    That second Brisbane flood story was number 11 in G and based on reports from an Ozzie cop--that means your comment was also #11 beating the BBC in SERPS and that leads immediately to all these good people. IF it is hooked up-good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  17. After I originally commented I seem to have clicked
    the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from
    now on whenever a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there a means you can remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

    Here is my blog post; Abercrombie France

    ReplyDelete