Friday 20 August 2010

Zombie Town USA





Currently working on my zombie town or resident small american town for zombie games using the AR:SE rules from Akula(his blog address can be found on this page)and use it for Red Dawn scenarios,future wars or apocalypse scenarios.The majority of the building are plastic from the O scale Plasticville range, O scale K-Line range and one scratchbuilt by a friend(the 3 storey grey building).
                                                                     The scenery bits and pieces have come from a multitude of sellers and if you spot something and want to know where it came from just leave a comment and I will do my best to help you.I intend to place scenery in all the buildings time and finances allowing and have started on the bank with some counters and safety deposit boxes from Copplestone Castings only to discover that is the only building where the roof does not come off but thats life for now,I will take more pictures with more figures on the board apart from the marine recon team you can see entering town near the garage wondering where everybody is?

11 comments:

  1. I'm interested in expanding my city terrain with buildings that can be opened to use models inside. Some buildings which do not would be ok, too, but I would prefer mostly those which can lead to interior play through the city.

    Do you have any recommendations for buildings for sale that do not require excessive converting?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these(except the bank model)can be used that way by removing the roof and they can be bought in England now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great looking set up. I have yet to put enough time and money aside to go for the Plasticville option, but it really is the way to go I reckon. As you have so amply demonstrated :)

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look inspiring, especially to us beginners. The town looks amazing.

    What size vehicles do you go for ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vehicle size after many forums and questions is 1/43 ot thereabouts but I am always on the hunt as I need an american ambulance and an american swat van plus an american dust cart but the list goes on and this display is always up at the moment for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah i've read lots of forums on size and they vary from 1/43 to 1/64 so was a bit confused ! Havent bought a toy car since i was ten and im now nearly 40 !! lol
    Thanks for that, will keep an eye out for the ones your after.
    Tec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boot fairs are not bad if you ask the SWMBO to keep an eye out for you when she does go but you get suspicious looks in the aisles of ASDA and Tesco's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I have an ally in a six year old lad who loves toy cars, cunning eh ?
    Just the problem of how to explain one for you six for me......

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ones at home belong to my partner and are 20 and 26 and really unhelpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm slowly working on a new game and I want to use the game Zombies!!! as a template. Does anyone know what scale the zombie and shotgun guys are? I really interested on creating my own city/town game board, but I don't know where to get buildings, vehicles, and scenery pieces that are the same scale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's impressive. Looking for decent zombies but for Frostgrave

    ReplyDelete