Friday 5 November 2010

28mm Underground Modern, Pulp, Apocalypse Facility Project.

When I posted my Zombietown USA pictures I was asked on a couple of forums what was the white thing in the background?,this is what it was an 4ft by 2ft 6mm MDF underground facility for modern, pulp and apocalypse wargaming.It can represent a laboratory, hospital, research facility, part of an underground lair.....etc,it can be used for terrorist, zombie, future or sci-fi wargaming.It was made mostly(nearly all really) by my SWMBO and the interior elements were furnished and painted by me from several different companies.

It is a little rough around the edges and the finish could be better but I do wargaming and for me it is perfect and nearly finished(I need to add some colour with corporate signs and posters), I need to add a stairs from the outside world or another level(there is a lift aswell).I will probably add another level(a lot smaller) like a lobby/entrance room 200ft above as another gaming area and plot device.

Most of the furniture items are moveable except for the wall items, so items can be arranged, the pictures are not great but I will try harder when I do some action shots or a game in the facility.

Long shot of the facility.

Labs or research rooms.

L to R, lift,power room and an office.

Research rooms.

Another overhead shot.

Sleeping facilities/barracks.

Security office.

Cells, detention area.

Another view of labs.

Main office.

Research area.

8 comments:

  1. If one day you feel like crying,
    Call me.
    I don’t promise that I will make you laugh,
    But I can cry with you.

    If one day you want to run away,
    Don’t be afraid to call me.
    I don’t promise to ask you to stop,
    But I can run with you.

    If one day you don’t want to listen to anyone,
    Call me.
    I promise to be there for you.
    And I promise to be very quiet.

    But if one day you call,
    And there is no answer,
    Come fast to see me,
    Perhaps I need you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a smart piece of scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vampifan, you were the first blog I added to favorites and the main reason I got into zombies and ultimately items like this.(Sorry about that but its true)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to apologise. I'm honoured.

    I can see you having heaps of fun on that board. It is so versatile and usable in a number of genres from WW2 to near future. it's not often I'm jealous of someone else's scenery but in this case, I am! Many congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. The tiled and carpeted floors in some of the rooms contrasts well with the bare concrete of the others, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran

    If one day you feel like crying,
    Call me.
    I don’t promise that I will make you laugh,
    But I can cry with laughter at you.

    If one day you want to run away,
    Don’t be afraid to call me.
    I don’t promise to ask you to stop,
    But I can I have all your figures before you go.

    If one day you don’t want to listen to anyone,
    Call me.
    I promise to be there for you.
    And I promise I'll beat you with a bat until you do bloody listen, you stubborn git.

    But if one day you call,
    And there is no answer,
    Come fast to see me,
    Perhaps I need you to bring me a bacon sandwich and a packet of winegums!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got yourself quite a skill there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most of the furniture substances are portable but for the wall substances, so items can be decided, the movies are not great but I will try firmer when I do some act shots or a game in the ability.

    ReplyDelete